Crunchyroll is one of the leading platforms for streaming anime and other Japanese content. However, many users have reported experiencing issues when using Crunchyroll on Google Chrome. In this article, we’ll address some of the most common problems users encounter and offer solutions to resolve them.
Clear Cache and Cookies
One common reason Crunchyroll may not be working on Chrome is due to corrupted cache and cookies. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- To start Google Chrome, click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner. On that same screen, click Settings and scroll down until you find Privacy and Security listed.
Click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the time range in which you wish to clear cache and cookies, making sure both “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” are selected.
- Finally, click Clear data.
Disable Browser Extensions as desired.
Browser extensions can cause issues when using Crunchyroll on Google Chrome. To resolve the problem, try these steps:
- To resolve the issue, launch Google Chrome and click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner.
- Select More Tools > Extensions from the options and toggle off all extensions by toggling their switch off.
- Restart Google Chrome to see if that fixes it; additionally, disabling Hardware Acceleration may help too!
- Hardware acceleration can sometimes cause issues while using Crunchyroll on Google Chrome. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- To disable hardware acceleration in Google Chrome, start by clicking on the three-dot icon located in the top-right corner of your screen. On that menu, choose Settings then scroll down until you find Advanced settings. Finally, click System to make changes necessary. When asked for confirmation about disabling hardware acceleration when available, make sure it is checked off.
- Restart Google Chrome and see if the issue has been resolved.
Update Google Chrome
If your version of Google Chrome is outdated, it could cause issues while using Crunchyroll. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
- To update Google Chrome, start by opening the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and clicking Help > About Google Chrome. That will check for updates and automatically download them if available.
- Restart Google Chrome and verify if the issue has been resolved.
Crunchyroll not working on Google Chrome can be a frustrating issue, but the solutions provided should help resolve it. If you’re still having difficulties, try using another browser or contact Crunchyroll’s support team for assistance.